The goal of Gale’s Building Enclosure Commissioning Team is to “Build it Right the First Time.” In an era of high-performance buildings, many buildings fall short of their thermal and moisture performance goals. Our typical services include building enclosure forensic investigations and providing practical design and construction solutions for our clients.
Based on this forensic experience, we provide a commissioning process that identifies potential building enclosure issues before they become costly remediation projects. We collaborate with owners, users, maintenance staff, design teams, and contractors to identify potential problems and offer options and solutions during the design and construction phases.
Services We Provide
- Assist in developing Owner Project Requirements (OPR)
- Review Basis of Design (BOD)
- Review enclosure design documents
- Coordinate meetings with enclosure subcontractors
- Review of submittals and shop drawings
- Monitor building enclosure construction
- Consult with Owners and Architects to resolve constructability conflicts
- Perform building enclosure testing (mock-up in situ)
- Provide services in accordance with ASTM 2813 and LEED